Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Faith and Ability


Matthew 17:20-21 Jesus replied,
"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

1 Corinthians 13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Ephesians 3:17 "so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love."

God is absolutely powerful and I have the ability to move the mountains. YES I do, with God's grace.

However, whenever I am unable to move the mountains because God says "NO" because He made a decision.

By faith, am I able to walk on WATER? YES, I have the ability to walk on water only if its according to God's will.

The Christian walk is a fight of Faith, we have to understand that living (walking) by faith, we accept purpose and plans of God however He sees fit.

1 John 5:14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

We need to focus in following God today and tomorrow. We just press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God called us heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:14)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home