Friday, December 22, 2006

Why I am not "FIT" ????????????????????


Could be:
1. Lack of Self-Control
2. Lack of exercise
3. Eating is a form of "escaping" from something
4. Genetic (no control over that)
5. Could be laziness
6. Could be lack of desire to stay fit
7. Could be lack of motivation to stay healthy
8. Could be part of aging
9. Could be disability
10. Could be anything

Everyone is different and everyone should work on their self-discipline to get fit again.

Once I hit 44, my belly popped out. I was very athletic when I was younger. Swimming and Cycling until I hit 44. I was very athletic, swam for 30 plus years and road cycling 25 to 100 miles every weekend. I was very fit. I still look good however I can lose 20 lbs. I am going back swimming again. Hopefully back on the Masters Swim team again. Cycling is out. I am selling the bike.

1 Corinthians 6:19, "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?" MY body is "good" and wonderful gift from God. Paul said, "But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection ..." (1Corinthians 9:27). The key word here is "discipline." Paul wrote, "For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come" (1Tim 4:8).

All I can say for those who wants to start working on the 2007 Resolution......"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14, NIV). What should motivate you like an athlete who trains for the Olympics to win a gold medal such self-discipline and willing to face the goals you want to accomplish !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home