Friday, December 22, 2006

Test by FIRE...............


Reading the New Testament (not just the Gospels) tells alot about our eternal future. In 1 Corinthians 3:14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 1 Corinthians 9:18 What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it. Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Matthew 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Hebrews 11:26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.

Quote:
"If you are a Christian , you are in the same circumstance as the early followers of Jesus. You have been commissioned to manage an asset for your Master. Your asset is your life-the sum of your talents, strengths, personality and interests. [Live every day to answer the question]. How will I steward what my Master has placed in my care?"Bruce Wilkinson, "A Life God Rewards"

Tested by Fire: My works will be tested by fire each day I walk, and while I am walking, my works will be burned and purified. 1 Peter 1:7 These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Some rewards will be burn up and some will remain. I won't know until I get into heaven. Its not about my focus on Faith but rather focus on God's will. Reading 1 Timothy 4 explains that Christians must choose their priorities carefully like an athlete as to have disciplined lives forgo some desires that may hinder doing God's will and please God as you are after God's own heart. "An athlete who aspires to win the coveted prize does not indulge himself"(J. Oswald Sanders). With God's grace, we have the power to reach the prize of God's will.

Whatever I built spiritual during my human life, my rewards may escape through the flames. If my works passed the test and stand because they are true spiritual works of the Kingdom, then I will be rewarded according to my relationship with God in all aspects of my life. Now if my service to the Lord is consumed by preoccupation on focusing a system of faith then based on my wrong spiritual motives, then I will suffer the loss of them, and there will be no reward for me in heaven. So, my spiritual goals are to lay up treasure in heaven. I am going to focus on building on the foundation (Christ) with the right spiritual motives, that my spiritual work will be gold, silver, and costly stones.

We are to love God and serve Him because He is God, not because of the gracious things He does for us or for the rewards He promises us. If we believe God and honor His Word, if we walk by faith in love and obedience, there will be eternal rewards for each of us in that great coming day. Our rewards will differ according to His will because He will make the right judgments for each of us. Under our circumstances, it is not good to attempt to understand but simply trust God regardless what we go through. Some of us do not like to admit that we do not know what is going on, so they torture our minds trying to find ways to obtain what we were promised for. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.' " Isaiah 55:8-9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home