Monday, January 08, 2007

Jesus is my Shepherd

Jesus is my Shepherd: John 10: 1-18
A. Jesus releases me from FEAR (John 10:1-8, 11-13)
B. Jesus satisfies my SPIRITUAL HUNGER (John 10:9-10)
C. Jesus brings me UNITY with other believes to the flock (John 10:11-18)

2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Romans 8:15-17 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Acts 1:8 (Jesus said) You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.

Also read:
Psalm 23 (The Lord is my Shepherd)
Ephesians (Spiritual Church)

Hebrews 13:20 May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep.

1 Peter 2:25 For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

Over the years I have learned that Jesus has given me opportunities to do the Great Commission with my life and my circumstances. Through His will, He has provided opportunities that are defined as a providential circumstance which permits me to serve and glorify Him. Jesus desires for me to be busy rejoicing in the gracious prospect of all opportunities through His Providential Will which I call "coincidences" in my life which perhaps God will make sure that His wills will be done at His right time and place. (See Romans 8:28-29). God’s tough lessons have taught me what Spirit-filled really means and how to practice Spirit-filled virtues. In Ephesians 5:18 where the present tense of the verb in Greek means: "Keep on being filled with the Spirit." Being filled with the Holy Spirit means I am to refrain from using my rights and privileges I am entitled to by God's grace because I desire to do God's will out of love and obedience as if I am after God's own heart. Great faiths in the Bible were willing to let go of their rights, privileges and lives in the interests of doing God's will. Faith in Jesus has replaced my temporal doubts and fears with eternal hope when I present my body "as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God" (see Romans 12:1-2). A faithful Christian will learn and see to it that my anticipations will conform to the revealed Word of God and I have nothing to doubt or fear in my life or in my death.
Jesus said in Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. When I am most aware of my weaknesses, I should be more incline to collapse into God's strength and experience His amazing grace. "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor. 12:9). First Peter 5:7 says, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you". I have learned to be thankful for His providence, His promise of perfecting me, the glory He will receive from accomplishing His will, and for past mercies that are the promise of future blessings. Being thankful releases me from fear and worry EVERYDAY. The presence of worry could mean a believer doesn't understand who God is. In my life, I have learned to trust every situation to God's sovereign control.

The main thing to understand and remember is that Jesus is MY SHEPHERD that He will supply all my needs (Phil. 4:19) and that He knows everything about my life (Ps. 139:3), cares about me (1 Pet. 5:7), has the power for every difficulty (Ps. 62:11), is perfecting YOU to be like Christ (Phil. 1:6), and that nothing escapes Him (Ps. 147:5), that will lead me to be stable, not anxious living.

Circumstances may appear to wreck our lives and God's plans, but God is not helpless among the ruins. God's love is still working. He comes in and takes the calamity and uses it victoriously, working out His wonderful plan of love. Eric Liddell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home