Friday, December 22, 2006

Learning through Prayer


I have learned a long time ago that we are to be careful when we are asking for something because it is a prayer...whether you realize it or not. Why? Your desires are in your heart where God is there.

Therefore, be careful what you say because God will teach you through your desires .

I asked.....and have learned......
This is from my perspective in my 30+ years as a Christian. God taught me through circumstances and taught me what God is saying about my desires in my heart.

I asked for love.................God gave me situations I have encountered so I can learn to love Him and others around me.
I asked for strength...........God gave me difficulties which gave me strengths to handle my life.
I asked for wisdom...........God gave me problems to learn to solve with Godly wisdom.
I asked for prosperity.......God gave me a brain and a talent to work so I can make good money (which I do).
I asked for courage..........God gave me dangers to learn to overcome my situations.
I asked for healing............God gave me directions so I can help others with love who are in the same situations as I am.
I asked for guidance........God gave me opportunities to use to direct my paths.

I have learned that God is always making provisions for my future according to His will by providing and guiding for His glory. God is very concerned about my life and He is always ready for my future. The Bible clearly teaches that God knows beforehand what I will need and He will provide beforehand according to His will. All God's acts are done in perfect wisdom for His own glory. How many God's providences in my life that I failed to recognized in the past even though He lead me to where I am today? I have sowed my thoughts and reaped my actions; I have sowed my actions and reaped my habits; I have sowed my habits and reaped my character; I have sowed my character, and God leads me to my destiny according to His will and glory. No matter what I do, God is always guiding me through my circumstances. The real issue that I have been learning recently is that the real hindrance to my spiritual progress is not fully submitting to the Holy Spirit. Nothing holy and genuine will be done in my life until my will is surrendered in active obedience to the Holy Spirit. I need to focus on my own true prayer so that I am not making efforts to persuade God to do "my will"; but rather to make myself submit to the Holy Spirit so that God can guide me according to "His will".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home