Monday, April 02, 2007

Pondering about "Professed Christians"

I do have some concerns with some who are "professed Christians" in this world. With the Holy Spirit and love, We CAN and WILL walk in the Spirit because Christ produces the fruit in us through His GRACE. Today people who are quite easily taken in by any new "Christian" fad, and we know others who are not. The primary work of Christ in redemption is to justify and sanctify believers. Christians fail by formalizing faith in measure (works) because true Christian life means sanctifying effects of cross carrying and practical obedience. During the sanctification process, Christians need spiritual training which is forming spiritual fruits that we need to arm themselves spiritually to wrestle against the world, the devil and the flesh. God does not desire to destroy my will, but to sanctify “my will into His will”.

In an example of Paul's thorn, this is a tough problem for us believers; but if we do not know what it means we may at least know what it does not mean. It does not mean that in refusing to remove the thorn in answer to prayer God became guilty of a breach of promise. Christian spiritual training is this: "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me,'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me". (Second Corinthians 12:8-9). Paul wanted the thorn removed but God wanted to teach Paul that "the sufficiency of His grace" in the worst of human circumstances is that when a person is weak in a temporal sense while the person is strong spiritually by God's Grace in eternal sense.

Those who are NOT "in Christ" will not understand His Grace. That is the area people are to ponder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home