Monday, April 02, 2007

Doctrines, Translations and KJVOnly

God always unites and the devil always divides. Christians' conclusions are either ignorance or loyalty to a specific denomination, cause or person. I have had personal experiences with KJVOnly and when I run into some threads, I noticed "pharisee like attitude" regarding how those who compares themselves from other Christians based on what translation they read. In my opinion, God's Word should be in the "language of the people" which means the everyday language, and not the English of 500 A.D. or 1000 A.D. or 1611 A.D. or 1800 A.D. or 1900 A.D. We are living in the 2007 A.D language. People to say that we should stay with an Old English Bible or KJV or whatever, when we need to focus on the "language of the people," in today's time. By putting pressure on people to focus on KJV or whatever would do a disservice to the TRUE message of the Bible. We need to communicate God's Word in the clearest possible manner. Each of us have our OWN preference of any translations without feeling guilty nor feeling pressure to read that we are not comfortable with. The only perfect Bible was those original manuscripts which are not currently available. God has preserved the translation of His truths over the years and we can trust our Bibles by relying on the Holy Spirit.

Jesus didn't say: "Love KJV Bibles with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love those who are KJVOnly as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Its not the scriptures that are corrupted. Its a man's heart that is corrupted. Intelligence, reason, and choice. As a Christian, we don't need intelligence to decide because we have the Holy Spirit that convicts us to listen rather than focusing on our own pride of reasonings. God gave me the brain but in my body, who am I using my brian for? My flesh or In Spirit? if a Christian is not careful and forget. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. In order to "revere" the Word of God (Bible), you submit to the Holy Spirit who is the Author of the Bible. Jesus said in John 6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life. All translations (i.e. KJV, RSV, NIV and etc) themselves are not inspired. Only the originals are inspired. We are to trust the Holy Spirit more than we trust the translations simply because the Holy Spirit have been with the translators while they were translating.

As I posted in the past, I will say again..... I can and do have certain beliefs, but I will not emphasize them to OTHERS so much that can create barriers between brethren.

Christians who are obsessed with issues zealously and spending more time talking about those issues more than they do talking about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Its that simple. I have learned the hard way when I was the "KJVOnly" years ago. I am glad that God woke me up and said "Jim, you need to understand the true meaning of the Great Commission".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home